Wheel hubs …?

I tore apart a Hoover board I had laying around to make a fathers day gift … Basiclly put the wheels on whatever lawnmower ( reel style) or gas any lawn equipment that already exists, not limited to lawn… just old man don’t need to be cutting lawn and what not… hoverboard 80$ at Walmart firmware flash websocket on esp32 anyways…. I saw theese guys… not any specific ones but the hub motor … basically

:thinking:

Is this a thing?
Like it would “unleash” the low rider from the belt make it work on any surface … I’m using openpnp which is just opencv Basiclly so the computer vision will handle the “location” PID
Also those hub motors have a Hall effect sensor in them too… probably make an average script or compare between the motor Hall effect and the opencv…:thinking:
*Still haven’t made the final design on my pick and place tool holder looks all janky and what not trying to work with the mounting parts the pump came with… still needs the valve/s chamber too

1 Like

You could, but it would be 100x harder to get even the same order of magnitude of accuracy as you are getting from the belts.

Yeah as far as repeatability with a constant belt or tooth to gear ratio is going to have its benefits. But as far as the designers documentation or “build philosophy “… it’s all about the gravity and the angles to obtain that, the whole V of it… you’d elevate the center mass off the stepper motor pulling the belt to a mass at the wheels or it’s actual pendulum… .v3 :wink: Vpi

Whatever it is it’s got my brain tickin, I’ll tell you one thing after making this thing… understanding it changed my life man I mean make something out of nothing and it’s just the base like here’s the key… go jiggle it into every hole and it’ll open it… litterally I was going to buy lock picks for some rediculous amount like 300$ and I made this thing for 300 and can pop out whatever my mind can create in cad shits gewd…
I built this thing and I’m making it a pick and place for graphene development … I got into quantum physics with this rabbit hole… I ain’t never going back to work my man… just program it once and let it do the work… I mean yeah I am looking for nano meter accuracy but beyond the belt and the wheel… what if the wheel was a planar motor itself 1 carbon atom thinck… reprap it takes a laser and some LIG spin the wheel make a design lathe style and now you got a 1 atom thick carbon sensor I dunno belts or no belts … magnetism at a nano level from a machine from the inter webs… hax it, understand it that’s the rabbit hole I’m in … the whole PID aspect of it… it’s that feedback closed loop the better your sensor the better your accuracy the feedback at a graphene level is it like known to man or to my knowledge it don’t get more then that . It’s know where nothing is… the elctron spin in quantum processors is knowing where it is to know where it’s not… -1 i imaginary … ether whatever you want to define it as … it’s electric boogie woogie