Where to get metal frame/acrylic frame?

Is there anyone selling a metal version of the frame for the 3d printer or the acrylic cut outs?

When i built the first version of the 3d printer someone sold the acrylic frame outside of the v1engineering website.

I have been looking at this and trying to get a sense of size. I don’t see in the documentation a technical drawing to scale. I brought in the DXF to Inkscape, and it’s looking around 8.5" but I never know if DXF scaling comes in correctly unless there is a fiduciary with it.

I have a laser and can do 19.5 x 10.75" parts and could handle 3/8 acrylic. I would be happy to help folks out on the forum to get them started. It’s always the chicken and egg problem. Need to build the printer first to do the MPCNC to then mill the more robust parts for the 3D printer. I also could mill out of good plywood too with my MPCNC or laser plywood.

1 Like

Well, yes and no. You could cut those parts easily with a jigsaw, just by gluing a paper template of it on whatever material you want, even aluminum (any tool suitable for wood is usually suitable for aluminum too). A good file to clean it up, drill the holes and you’re good to go.
People rely too much on machines nowadays, it’s totally doable the old fashion way, it just takes a bit more time and effort :slight_smile:

1 Like

I don’t remember if there are exact dimensions outside of the dxfs, but any cad program should be able to measure them.