Who wants a challenge?

I haven’t seen an mpcnc waterjet yet. When I can’t sleep I hit up YouTube to either entertain or put me to sleep.

This channel made a DIY waterjet and the most expensive part was a $150 pressure washer. I certainly don’t have the time to mate an mpcnc to this DIY system, but I thought someone else might enjoy this idea.

I would love to cut steel sheets if I ever make it back to kitchen knife grinding.

2 Likes

That seems awesome. There was a topic here a while ago and someone pointed out that the waterjet can push water and sand into your bloodstream. That’s terrifying enough for me to skip it.

1 Like

I wish he would have kept up with this one. He is an amazing man.

And of course, can’t talk about water jets without these guys:

And to see what a desktop water jet could look like:

Sure, and lasers can burn out your eyes, but that doesn’t stop people. Just don’t stick your hand in the path of a pressure water spray, or laser, or compressed air, or router bits… :smiley:

The part I remember from that first thread is price. With a non commercial sized pump / pressure multiplier takes a lot longer to cut and the media is non reusable.
List of time and cost

The cuts are fantastic and can do things I don’t think we could do with a CNC but cut time might even take a bit longer, and I think costs more.

And previously for the good of the order: