Who wants to vote for me?

If you sort by most votes your in the first row for both catagories on mobile

2 Likes

Thanks everyone for the support and the nice things youā€™ve said.

Great idea. I want to do more involving models that represent actual physical things. These patterns being represented by a swinging pendulum are really neat.

I found Peano curves on wikipedia that look a lot like hilbert curves. I like them a lot. I will have to dig in and see how to represent them in sfy. One of the biggest challenges isnā€™t finding new math equations to draw, it is keeping the interface easy enough it wouldnā€™t intimidate a student. I need to avoid turning people off who think they donā€™t like math.

Iā€™m not sure which AMFMPM patterns youā€™re talking about. I do want to add the ability to make more of the patterns from equations and sin/cosine work great for that.

I would love to see more people with MPCNCs use sandify for making pen drawings. I added a section in the sandify wiki for tips to convert the patterns to pen drawing gcode, but I donā€™t think I have advertised that well. If anyone makes some sfy drawings, please share the gcode and some photos. It really drags me back to the keyboard to work on these kind of projects.

1 Like

If I sort by most votes, My patterns are on top in both categories. It wasnā€™t that way even this morning. The voting goes for 2 more weeks, but hereā€™s hoping we can keep it up!

You all are great.

1 Like

We have not pushed you to #1 yetā€¦we need reinforcements.

Call it Creativity for Dummies or something stupā€¦ buzzy like thatā€¦

Amplitude modulation, frequency ~, phase ~. Nice ways to draw wave patterns like on a water surface. Make it 3D and give it a perspective viewā€¦

Decades ago (actually about four of them), I had an HP 9815 desktop computer and a matching HP 9872 four-colour pen plotter in my lab - a good opportunity for procrastinative late night fun with stacked sine- and other loops. Adding a Z-buffer to hide hidden lines precisely where they were supposed to disappear and re-emerge was a fruitful excercise for later activities with ray tracing applications. I have to learn how to let python plot gcode - hpgl was very simple in that integrated environment.
Any recommendations on how to get straight from plot x1y1,x2y2 ā€¦ to gcode? Or, to become daring, dxf? That mumpy corner in my bookshelf?

1 Like

Canā€™t vote again for 8 hr yet will then great work jeff

1 Like

Numpy and matplotlib are amazing packages. You can also find online juniper notebooks and it very close to a completely free matlab experience.

Getting to gcode is easy. You just have to be aware that you are drawing line segments from points. So 0,0;1,0 really defines a line, not two points. The much harder part is being reasonable with limits. The short solution is to just write out your gcode without worrying about limits and then load it into sandify as an import. The limits code is easily the most complicated part and the easiest to reuse.

G1 X(x) Y(y)

Thatā€™s it. It will use the Z and feedrate from the previous move. Donā€™t put more than 3 decimal places, but sfy will handle that on final output anyway.

1 Like

Thanks. I suspected that it is easier than thought. My main goal is to let my MPCNC (after remodeling it to Primo, all parts printed, no time to dis- and reassemble yet, but the sailing season is coming to an endā€¦) do something useless aka art.
Numpy, of course, mot mumpy :slight_smile:
Thatā€™s what I find when googoolating for juniper notebooks:
Juniper berry: Notebooks with Fruits for Kids and Adults ā€¦

Oh wellā€¦

I guess, for letting the MPCNC doing the hard work, Iā€™ll rather create a point cloud representing the desired surface and then let meshmixer or something similar do its magic.

Thanks for getting me closer to the rails, btw

1 Like

Voted!

1 Like

New day, new votes come on people!

This is the dude that made dual end stops possible, helped me on almost all my Marlin PRā€™s, helped a giant number of people in the forums, invented Sandify (what a ton of the competition are using), and someone I trust to privately ask his opinion on major decisions, Marlin builder (heck me using github at all!), the Docsā€¦the list is huge.

Put a little post in note near your keyboard, drop two votes everyday. Free to do, and makes me happy, thanks!

4 Likes

Both my day 3 votes are done

2 Likes

AWESOME! How else can we get the group in on this? I have a banner, pinned this post, FaceBook, any other ideas?

Jeff is like me, self promotion is not his strong suit. So I am more than willing to do what I can to make this happen.

3 Likes

Mine too! :+1:

2 Likes

On it :partying_face::partying_face::partying_face::partying_face::partying_face:

2 Likes

Maybe enter everyone that votes into a draw for some fancy V1 swag. Like a hat or t-shirt :joy:

3 Likes

I can do that, how do we prove votes? New thread, screenshots with a date?

1 Like

I donā€™t think the rules allow for rigging it, or buying votes in any way. I appreciate the offer, but it does need to stay fair.

3 Likes

DANG it, why are you always so rightā€¦Blinded by my determination to get you to the top.

2 Likes

Wow, did you see the clock oneā€¦that had to have taken a while.

1 Like

Done. Sorry, missed yesterday.

2 Likes