Wiring motors

not using end stops so do i just run all 5 motors to separate drivers skr pro or do i still need to run series to just 3 drivers

If you are not going to be utilizing endstops then it is best to wire the motors in series with 3 drivers. This will ensure both motors on each axis will work in unison.

ok thanks

If you already have a series or dual wiring, use that. Both will work well. Personally, if you are not going to use endstops and have a choice, I’d still use five drivers and wire to all five steppers to their individual motors. The is a slight potential benefit to giving your steppers each a driver. At high speeds series wiring loses torque faster. I say “potential” since those speeds are typical way above the speeds used doing CNC work. The control board keeps the steppers in sync by issuing the pulses for the motors at the same time. Also, using five drivers will prepare your machine for dual endstops if you ever want them in the future.

3 Likes

i have wiring harness from v1 five of them came in kit

1 Like

Use all five cables, one for each stepper. If your kit came with five cables, then Ryan would have put the dual-endstop firmware on the SKR Pro. I think he is only shipping boards with dual-endstop firmware at this point. You don’t need endstops to run the dual-endstop firmware.

2 Likes

ok thanks