Wiring my limit switches

Just to confirm, I will wire from the NC and C terminals on my limit switch and ignore the NO terminal. Am I correct? And does it matter what order they’re connected to my motherboard? Thank you

While it technically doesn’t matter, I always wire the input pin to C and ground to NC. This is the way that it would need to be for 3 pin wiring, or for active sensors.

It will work fine either way though.

1 Like

Thank you. And I might just be missing something but for the life of me I can’t see where it is suggested to position your z-axis limit switches. Can you point me in the right direction?

On the LowRider, the Z limit switches are usually positioned at the bottom of the Z tubes, to trigger off of the Y plates. This places the homing position at the top of travel. For the bottom, you will also want a touch plate.

https://docs.v1engineering.com/electronics/dual-lr/

1 Like

Ok that is perfect. Thank you

Also, I would assume it is very important to have the 2 Z limit switches exactly and precisely parallel to each other? I’m thinking to drop my Z axis all the way down so I know both sides are square, then raise my Z to where I want and then attach the limit switch holders flush. Does that sound like a good way to do it?

1 Like

Sounds reasonable. Be aware you can find tune your offset with gcode after your switches are mounted. I got mine close, then plunged 1mm deep holes into my spoil board across the x axis and measured the depths and set my offset to get them all as close as possible.