Wiring the Rambo 1.4 board

Is there wiring instructions for the Rambo 1.4 board. I didn’t see any but I could have missed them.

About everything you could possibly want to know about the Rambo 1.4 board is found here

1 Like

Thank you for that it’ll be a big help, but is there a diagram on how to wire a lowrider2 to it with dual end stops specifically?

Nope. Not many dual endstop lowriders. Maybe 5 that I’ve ever seen posted here on the forums. If you do a search, I know jeffeb has told a couple folks how to wire it.

Dennis, you’re definitely going down “the road less traveled”. That road can be very lonely at times.

That said, you should be able to take the instructions for dual end-endstops on the MPCNC and apply the instructions for the X axis on the MPCNC to the Z axis on the LR2. You will definitely have to monkey with the firmware to get it all working. If you don’t have your heart set on using Marlin, there is a port of GRBL to the Rambo board made by @johnboiles. That thread is here. There is a guy on that thread who used the firmware for his LR2.

Happy Hacking! I’m going to be going down the same road over the next few weeks (though I’m using a RAMPS board; not a Rambo).

I did it, it’s running. Not terribly complex, but as mentioned, you’ll need to edit the firmware config files. Set z for dual, check the direction on the homing, plug the second z into one of the y drivers (if I remember correctly). This comes up a lot on the Facebook group. I’m tempted to copy /paste my changes, but the consensus is that dual stops are unnecessary. I certainly spend more time fiddling with the z stops than I thought I would, but I blame repertier for going nuts and crashing into things for no good reason.

2 Likes

@Sthonen1 lowrider dual stop configs.zip (59.3 KB)
Here are the configs I set up. Using z as probe, defined as the z min endstop. Z homes to max. No warranty, express or implied. :wink:

2 Likes