Wooden Go kart

This go kart is Ackerman steering.

What you’re describing is a form of skid steering. You would need front wheels that could spin freely to do that. Like a shipping cart. It would also put the point of rotation between the two drive wheels, which would be tricky/fun at best or it would require a ton of torque to turn at worst.

1 Like

Awesome thanks.

What about the esc? Do you need one for each motor? And you can split the signal from the pedal? Or do you use a single esc and split that signal?

What are you using for a battery?

I’ll take all the details if you’re sharing. :grin:

I am using 24v 500 watt Esc because each motor is 250w at 24 v see link below

for batteries two HX 12-150-FR or Ups12-150 but now I am using one of each

In the future I want to upgrade to Lifepo4 (50 Ah) to save me 30 lbs

5 Likes

Great thanks for that extra information. This seems like a ton of fun, and our cnc’s are perfect for this sort of fun/trouble.

Brilliant. What a fantastic development, and thanks for sharing so much info. With 4 grandchildren under 6, I shall be very busy once my lowrider is built (Just started printing parts).

2 Likes

The family and I just moved out to the middle of nowhere so something like this could be a lot of fun! Thanks for sharing the idea!

I made a pretty big MPCNC with about a 3’x3’ usable space but it definitely flexes a lot. Maybe I need to build a lowrider too for this kind of thing. My youngest (13) wants a dirt bike but we could design/build a plywood one instead if no one’s already done it (but they probably have, I just haven’t looked yet)

2 Likes
3 Likes

De casualidad tienes para compartir una imagen mas cercana de la dirección? sigo sin entender muy a detalle su mecanismo para dar dirección ya que estoy diseñándolo…desde ya excelente trabajo

1 Like

Hi - are you going to be posting your DXF files for the plywood frame? I would love to make one

1 Like

@spinorose Bumping a pretty old thread here but this looks like a great project i’d like to try with myself. As above are you open to sharing the files?

Bumping this back up to see if @spinorose ever got around to publishing the DXF???