Work EstlCam calculation or Marlin goes crazy ?

After cutting for 1,5 hour my CNC has “decided” to take another way (when i was 9 minutes on the ending) and instead of continuing cutting well, have start cutting in a “random” point, like if the calculated curve for the last layer was different…

Trying executing the GCODE (with CutViewer) all was fine… i dont find this wrong curve…

The Marlin i’ve uploaded is the Beta firmware and i’ve used EstlCam to calculate the GCODE.

Picture attached…

I had a similar problem on a 3D printer running an all-in-one RAMPS clone (Printrboard F4). The print would go fine for 20 to 50 layers, and then the Y and Z axis would reverse (Or go to absolute value, one direction moves only) and eventually crash the head into the bed. The Gcode was fine. Unfortunately, the only solution was to replace the board. Reflashed several times (You should too!) with no effect.

If your problem is reproducible (Not specific to that one Gcode file) than you might try swapping different parts of your RAMPS set (The arduino, the steppers, the RAMPS shield) until you find out what’s fried. Consider bad cables too, but I would expect problems throughout the print, not at one point…

Good luck! Reflash first!

–Matt

It could have been many things. The most common is If you were going too fast the drivers could have heated up and just skipped steps. Do you a fan on your ramps board, how fast were you going, what size bit, depth of cut, spindle, material?

I wouldn’t assume board issues yet.