X and Y axis don't want to produce smooth curves

It will smooth itself, it is just a zinc coating super soft. Just slice a circular object and let it run circles for 20 minutes it should be perfectly smooth after that. The bearings squeeze the zinc right off.
Do something like a large tube spiral vase with no top or bottom layers and just let it run in the air. You can even tighten up all the bearings a bit to really get them to bite then back them off a touch when its done.
You’ll see the metal dust start to appear and it will even squeak a bit, kinda funny.

Yeah, I was noticing that the bearing were definitely smoothing out the conduit, but apparently not quickly enough for me. Kinda of awesome that it will get more accurate with time! I’ll have to make it do circles for a while.

Yeah, well that always seems to be the case. I’ll definitely check it out though.

Now that I think about it, when I first got mine going I ran large rectangles and circles in the air many times before I tried a marker. All the zinc must have been worn off before I plotted anything. Hopefully that does it for you Jake.