x,y and z intermittent

Completed build and started moving x,y and z manually. After moving and x manually the cnc stopped responding on all steppers. Unplugged and let it sit came back this morning and x worked normally moving manually and stopped again. Removed the belt and can hear the stepper but its not turning.Do I have a bad Mini rambo board?

Pictures would really help.

What does manually mean to you, what program, have you followed my getting started, what did you buy from here and what did you get elsewhere?

I purchased the product from V1. Manually meaning though the V1 tool image attached.

MoveXYZ.jpg

Can I see a picture of how you have it wired up?

Are they still plugged in? The questions is super vague. What did you buy from here, what product, just the board the whole kit? What kit?

Did you try this?

https://www.v1engineering.com/assembly/software/

Have you ran my crown gcode linked from that page?

None of the three axis work?

Please note that the x, y and z moved correctly with the V1 tool for a short period and stopped “all axis x,y and z”. I started to troubleshoot after leaving it sit over night and plugged only the gantry stepper directly into the mini Rambo board and it worked "up and down 10x “50steps”. I then plugged the x axis motor into the mini Rambo board it moved correctly for about 3x 50 steps left and right and then stopped. “all axis x,y and z”. I did not try a program since I could not reliably get the hardware to work.

You are powering everything down before moving wires from one stepper control port to another I hope. What power supply is that?

Hi Bill,

Yes, I power down before I remove or add. Power supply is Kastar 12v provided with the V1 full kit.

Your Z axis is not built right.

The Z axis and XY are different in the accelerations it is best not to swap wires. If you want to test anything use the X or Y steppers not the Z since yours is built wrong I can assume it is not working as smooth as it should and with incorrect accelerations will just skip steps. Plug them in and test with no belts. You have a laptop right there why not follow my getting started page and run my gcode and see what happens.

Be careful with the 660 mount, you can pinch the stator and ruin your tool.

I do not think you have a control board issue, I am going to hold your order.

Plug in three steppers, one in each axis and test from there. Put a piece of tape as a flag so you can see them move. Do not use your Z axis.

I plugged in 3 stepper “image attached” removed belts and using the Reptier software to control. I can hear that a signal is being sent to the stepper but it not turning.

no-belt.jpg

None of the three axis are turning?

What voltage is the power supply reading?

What happens when you run my crown gcode?

Can I see the board with it all plugged in.

Did you try to flash the board or anything?

Sorry Sent before I added pic. attaching pic.

cont_box.jpg

rept_sw.jpg

My screen says “V1 E CNC Ready.” Even after I move it. Did you try to flash it or anything after you opened the box?

My screen says “V1 E CNC Ready.” Even after I move it. Did you try to flash it or anything after you opened the box?

• I did not try to reflash. My screen has the same“V1 E CNC Ready.” image below
  • None of the 3 axis are turning.
  • 12.62v At the pcb pwr connector.
  • I disconnected the belts to run the test.

pwr_adp.jpg

V1_CNC_Ready.jpg

Run it anyway see if they turn.

Check your fuses?

This morning I was able to catch the X & Y motors failing on a video. In the video X & Y steppers are rotating and then you can watch and hear the Y stepper failing and then both X and Y continue not working.

The video was too large to email so I sent you a “box” link. Let me know if you receive the link.

I then ran the crown program and the z motor runs but x and y do not.

I did not get a link. You can put a link here, or youtube works as well.

What happens when you run my crown gcode? I keep asking because this is properly made, it has proper speeds. There are so many things that could be wrong, starting from my code bypasses everything. You running it your way could simply be too fast. My Gcode will answer many questions at once.

Found it in the spam box. I still can’t see anything right off the bat, run my gcode and see how it goes, with the belts off and leads screw disconnected.

You steppers are turning, so it isn’t that far off. My gcode will prove and disprove a lot.

I said this in my earlier mail. I ran the gcode “Crown” this morning and the X and Y steppers did “not” rotate the z motor did rotate.

How did you get them to move in the the video?

I am not trying to be a punk but this is like nothing I have seen before.