Xz plate printing issues

imported the 3mf file for the xz plate into cura and it says one plate will take 1 hour 8 min to print with .4mm nozzle 60mm speeds, so i start the print and its not printing any holes or anything just a solid bottom layer, not sure what is wrong, cura wouldn’t even display the model at all until i double clicked on the file itself and it opened cura on its own, and ideas/help would be greatly appreciated

I ran into something similar with Cura…

Oh, this looks like vase or 0% infill, did you recently print a test cube and need to revert some settings?

i don’t have that setting enabled and the printing time seems way to short

yes printed a test cube with no infill the only setting that i changed was spiralize contours

set to 70% infill

turning off spiralize contours seemed to have fixed it, now its saying over six hours print time

1 Like

also biggest issue with dense 70% infill is the printed part warpage i had 3 failed xy plate right side …13 hours total and failed at 6th hour of printing

1 Like

Enclosure will most likely fix that.

dont need an enclosure for pla as far as i know

One side of the first plate I printed is slightly warped. I’m going to attempt to assemble it with the warp then decide if I think it will work or will need to print another. I also considered putting it in my oven at low heat then trying to fix the warp.

More importantly, I printed the second one with a raft and then taped the raft down using painter’s tape. It came out great. YMMV