Y Bridge

Curious what you guys think of this design for a Y bridge. Its designed to mount to the stepper and the router.

A 3/4 tape will run the wires to the bridge. The oval gap will separate the tape from the wires and should reduce tension. The wires will run into a cosmetic cap on the bridge containing termination blocks.

It’s my first real Fusion 360 project so I’m spending far too much time on it but I’m having fun.

Any ideas are welcome.

I can’t see exactly how this goes together. But the important thing is that you aren’t adding too much drag. If the angle is not aligned with the tubing, is it going to scrape or bind in any way? If not, then it looks good to me.

Here’s a work in progress shot:

That looks pretty good to me. I am not a mechanical engineer though. I think it is clever that you are using the router as a mount point. It looks like there is plenty of clearance to avoid binding and it probably has less resistance than the default vac tube cable management. I’m assuming the vac tube would then just hang from the ceiling or just be omitted?