Yet Another Texas Primo - Plano

Finally got everthing printed but before assembly can begin I need an actual table for the primo build. For my burly build I just built on a sheet of MDF that I layed on top of my table saw. This time I’m going to build an actual table on wheels that I can roll around the garage and will fit “around” my cheap table saw.

Sounds like a good place to start. My first MPCNC build was on a piece of OSB that I laid across a table saw too.

It really made using the table saw difficult as I always had to ask my wife to help me move the MPCNC onto saw horses before I could use it.

Here is a pic of the pretty printed parts. Now I that I see them I can’t help but think mint chocolate chip ice cream.

6 Likes

I only ran into 1 printing issue… with the trucks. I had to kill this print and start it again. I originally had all 4 trucks but decided to print just 2 at a time. Seem to fix the issue.

:wave:t2: I’m just down in Garland. Your build is looking good so far.

I had the same issue but I discovered it after the print was finished and decided to roll with it.

I seem to have trouble with chamfers on the build plate when the hairspray is not fresh. It only affected one truck. I redid the hairspray and had no other issues.

I’m in Richardson/Garland area too.

That stepper motor is held by only three screws! The horror!

I’m not sure if it was due to less heat at the edge of the build plate or just plain bad luck. It looks like it had squished itself back into alignment and probably would have been fine.

Looks like your ready to dig in!
After my move ill get everything printed.
I might have missed it, but what tubes are you using and did you get them locally?

I ended up getting actual DOM tubes from Summit Racing in Arlington.

https://www.summitracing.com/parts/aaf-all22129-8-4

They have a bit thicker wall than necessary but since I’m going with a 24x30 build I thought it would be ok. I really only needed 3 pieces but the price break was worth getting the extra piece.

I did check the inside of the tube and it seems to actually be dom tubing - unlike mentioned in the reviews. Haven’t checked the roundness or straightness yet

I’m out near Josephine.

we looked at buying some land out there years ago but it was on the north side of 380

I’m in farmersville but moving closer to Josephine.

Made some progress this weekend. Got my new table built. Now instead of just a board sitting on top of my table saw I have a proper wheeled table that fit around my table saw.

Managed to get all the tubes cut and the frame all squared up. Less than 1/16" difference on the diagonals.

Up next is disassembling the Burly so I can continue adding the trucks to the primo…

4 Likes

I like the color!
Nice table too, wheels are the way to go.

Finally made some progress on my build

4 Likes