Z axis catching while running

yup

Maybe post a pic of the connection to the stepper… Know if the stepper spins inside the pineapple coupler? Or does it skip steps? Maybe if it’s spinning inside the coupler a bit of superglue may be a solution…

i have a video of it trying to make the crown uploading now

here is the machine in action

Those accelerations do not look right, much too fast. check your eeprom and see what they currently are. You can do this with the screen or repetier.

I was just thinking it looked much faster than mine is.

Also, make sure those rubber bands aren’t getting near the bearings.

Yeah that did it. I bumped down the feedrates and everything is running smoothly. Thanks you so much everyone for all your help! :slight_smile:

Feedrates are fine, its the accelerations you need to dial in. You want to control your oscillation that are happening and will break bits if not careful. Did you change the firmware, It comes preset, much slower than this?

well I had originally changed the z feed rate to 5 from 8.7, and that did fix it, but if this is not right I will keep fiddling, I have brought down z acceleration to maybe 5 and it didn’t work though, are you sure that it isn’t the feed rates?

I am not understanding why it isn’t working as I shipped it. I test all the boards on my cnc and set the pots before shipping. Did you change anything?

I did replace the drivers, but they shouldn’t be a problem as i followed the tutorial on the forum exactly.

With out the tool mount and the lower spacer on there you could be binding up the zaxis as well. Those really need to be there.

Im getting a new printer to replace my bs davinci 2.0. I think i will wait till then and put this to the side for now. thanks so much for your help. I will update when I print the tool mount and spacer. I think that it will work though, seeing as it is working with 1 z acceleration.

1 is too slow it should be 30-45. I am trying to find what board I shipped you but your registered email isn’t showing in paypal. If you want me to look into it more PM me your paypal email.

UPDATE: I exchanged the stepper drivers, and the problem continued with the drivers from the x and y. I also switched steppers and nothing changed. I believe it may be a problem with the RAMPS board.

Or your zaxis. I would wait until you have all the parts. The toolmount part and spacer are necessary. I would wait until you are finished with the assembly. if the stepper moves I really don’t think the ramps is bad, it doesn’t really do much.

well I have figured something else out, the accelerations or feedrates on my axis are all different even though in the eeprom they are the same. i have a 2.5’x2.5’ machine, and I have too hit 50mm twice to move the y axis all the way across, but 4 times with my x. I believe it is a matter now with my stepper drivers, which are not from this store. I’m gonna order some more tomorrow. I think this is the right way to go. any other ideas would be appreciated.

So I don’t know if anyone is still on this thread, but I think I have isolated the problem. I have had the problem on both the Y and the Z axis. on the the axis I messed with the driver voltage and that fixed it. for the Y I have no idea. the problem is that the feed rate is clearly messed up, though it does not say so in the firmware. it moves twice as far as the x axis with each step on manual control, and has this terrible screeching sound as it does so. I have switched motors, and when I switched x and y axis, the same problem was happening with my x axis. I would love help with this last issue, and then I would be eternally grateful, though I get that this is very boring and not worth most peoples time.

You sound like you have the same issue I did. Are you sure of which stepper drivers you have? How many jumpers do you have installed under each driver? What is your steps per mm set to in the marlin comfiguration.h?

If you got the arduino, ramps, drivers from vicious it says that you should be ready to go but if you sourced your own stuff like me you may need to change some settings in your configuration.h.