Z axis falling after job finished

Hello All,

I have built the LowRider CNC V2 and everything is operating correctly. The only issue is that at the end of the job the z axis will fall and the router will hit the table (not running yet). I am using a SKR 1.3V and a TFT35 screen. The screen states that an unknown command of M140 (nozzle temp) is being attempted but that is all. I have the Z axis stand by set to 1200 in the config of Marlin so I think my code is fine. I can provide it if needed. Any help to fix this issue would be great! Thank you so much.

It is also doing this on Ryans provided Crown .gcode. It will execute the path correctly but once arriving at its home position it drops.

I found this in a search, it might help
https://forum.v1e.com/t/z-axis-dropping-at-end-of-program/10166/5?

Hello Rob,

Unfortunately I am not using Repetier (My Mac won’t make a connection :p) and am just generating the gcode on Estlcam and then directly using that on the SKR 1.3 and TFT35 V3. It almost seems like the TFT is adding additional code on top of the job. Ive been stuck on this for about 2 days…

Hello! I would like to update everyone. If I use the standard LCD mode on the TFT35 it won’t drop the motors and will hold position correctly. If I use the Touch Screen Mode of the TFT35 it will have the Z axis drop. So it has to do something with the touchscreen mode. If anyone has information on how to fix that since it would be nice to utilize that please let me know!

I dont know anything myself but this sounds like the same thing that was occurring in this other recent thread that came down to M18 in the job end gcode that the tft was adding.

2 Likes

Hello Jamie,

I have both start and end gcode off on the screen. But I will take a look into the config file of the screen and investigate further. Thank you! :slight_smile:

Best,
Alexander