Z axis only moving in one direction

still only moves in one direction

still sounds like your z enstop pin is shorted.

Disable them in the firmware and that should make it work.

if it is only going down and makes a noise trying to go up you have to much friction in the system, if it make no noise at all it is an endstop issue.

but if you bought it from me I actually test the endstops for shorts so it should not be the issue, unless you sorted the pins when you put on your ensdtops. either way disable them in the firmware and I am confident that will sort it out.

I don’t even have it attached to the machine, and the endstops are disabled, I even just now tried using the LCD control panel to move the z axis up and down and it only moves in one direction, I don’t know what the heck is going on with this thing…

The pins can be shorted. I suggest you disable them in the firmware. My firmware has them enabled by defualt. The pins, solder points, or mega can be the endstop issue but disabling them in the firware should fix it.

I can give you all kinds of options to try but I prefer to eliminate the most likely issues one at a time in order.

yes they are disabled in the firmware

I feel we have bee through all of this.

1-flip the plug, if it moves the other way it is not mechanical.
2-swap drivers, if it still doesn’t move
3-check to make sure all pins are in the drivers and in the ramps to arduino.
4-disable the endstops in the firmware
5-maybe your mega died

1-flip the plug, if it moves the other way it is not mechanical. I moves the other way so doesn’t seem to be mechanical.
2-swap drivers, if it still doesn’t move one of the first thing that I did and didn’t change anything.
3-check to make sure all pins are in the drivers and in the ramps to arduino. Done and Done
4-disable the endstops in the firmware Done and Done
5-maybe your mega died Changed out the Mega and same problem.

Fixed it!!!

what was it?

You were talking about the pins and stuff so I separated the ramps and mega and put them under a light with my reading glasses on lol and saw what appeared to be cold solder joints on 14 through 21 so I touched them up then decided to hit the rest of them for good measure plugged it all back in and that was it, it all works now.