ZenXY v2 Rail Diameters

Hi

I ve built my table with Igus N series rails- flat type

27 mm wide for the X and 17 wide mm for the Y
I used an aluminium U beam for support

This allows for a very low build

https://www.igus.de/drylin/flachfuehrung

Price is reasonable too

Igus has design wizards that allows for the calculation of wear, but the mileage of an XY is quite low compared to the wear characteristics of the rail/bearing combo

Good luck

Carl

27 mm wide rail= 20 euro/metre

The 17 mm wide slide= 3,1/piece

By the way, I just wanted to let everybody here know that my printer has been busy the last few days but some hours ago I started printing the first 25/18mm-parts and itā€™s only about 35 hours left. :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

The first prints are done and they fit together perfectly. Maybe a little too lose on the mid rails but i guess they donā€™t need to hold a lot so i could probably get them stuck real tight with one layer of adhesive tape.
So thank you @vicious1 for the files.

Iā€™m just breeding over the calculator. Can someone help me get unstuck?

Iā€™m going to make a similar cutout to @jeffeb3 ZenXY Desk and of course I want to have maximum image area. Iā€™m a little confused about the cutout sizing for the countertop. Maybe some can help me out?

I have a maximum space the machine and all its parts can take up beneath the countertop of 1000mm (X) and 600mm (Y) and a 10mm ball. After entering these values, the calculator puts out 2 values for each of the 2 axes for the ā€œwork areaā€. How big am I supposed to make the cutout? Personally I would ā€“ having tried to imagine it all very intensely in my head ā€“ go for the ā€œactual area neededā€ value. But since wood countertops have this crazy property of the impossibilty of undoing wrong cuts I want to double-check before my tracksaw touches the part :slight_smile:

P.S.: The tracksaw might just be a lie, since Iā€™m maybe going to use a CNC router to make the cutout so I can go for a nicely fit routed recess cut for the glass pane :slight_smile:

Yeah these should be a bit looser than the others but kinda tighten up with the hub in there as well. They should have a little drag at least when fully clampedā€¦sound about right? They should not rattle freely.

Crud, the calc is not working for me. Shoot, I need to take a look into it. I think this dead link is causing itā€¦hope it is just temporary, https://code.jquery.com/jquery-1.9.1.min.js

It is pretty basic though. Your footprint is 184mm larger than the sand area.

That is the size needed to mount the plastic parts, the ā€œimageā€ will be inset 92mm on all sides.

The ā€œgotchaā€ here being that this assumes a point source. You have a 10mm ball, so the sandbox should be 10mm bigger than the addressable area. Basically, 87mm from the outside edges of the plastic pieces.

2 Likes

Exactly, sorry I was not specific enough.

Amazing, thank you all. I already got my ruler, pencil and curcumscribe(?) out if the drawer and also got to the 10mm-ball special kinda figured out but it is so much better having your extra sight of eyes on this. Merci beaucoup :slight_smile:

Monday is the day of sawing :smiley:

Meanwhile the first half of the parts is assembled, while the other half is printing away.

3 Likes

Those parts look GREAT!

1 Like