36 x 36 with aluminum?

so my machine is up and running. Seems to be cutting great. I am now realizing that with my 30x30 build I only have about 19-20 inches of build area. I would like to increase that a bit. I plan to occasionally do aluminum however, I have not had a chance to test that out yet (I have some larger wood projects coming up soon though)

I am not ready to upgrade to SS yet so this will be with EMT.

My setup is the exact specifications that are outlined in the website.

I have two ideas.

1. increase it to 36 x 36:

2. have a variable size and just move corners in when I want more rigidity (this seems like a PIA and probably not worth it for the random part that I might need once in a while however, it would allow be to go even bigger if I wanted)

I think that having a static size would be the most reasonable approach. do you think that a 36x36 would still cut aluminum without substantial loss in accuracy and speed over a 30x30?

Try it out and let us know. Do a cut before you make it bigger, than do the same cut and see if/how it effects it. It would be cool to know.

Try it out and let us know. Do a cut before you make it bigger, than do the same cut and see if/how it effects it. It would be cool to know.

I’d try what vicious1 says. I was surprised how well my 5foot mpcnc did aluminum, but it wasn’t something that required any real precision.