4" duct adapter

Thanks… I don’t have room on the wall for the swing arm like @barry99705 (nice solution nevertheless) as that’s the wall that I store lumber on and boards on. I’m interesting in seeing what you come up with… I have plenty of ceiling space in my shed .

I got tired of waiting for my door slider to show up… shipping is slow these days. I found another solution that I like almost as well. I had one of these zero gravity tool holder things… they are made for assembly lines so you can cancel out the weight of the tool. You can adjust the slack and the tension and they are pretty cheap like $20.

1 Like

New here but thought I’d chime in. I haven’t built my Lowrider yet but was looking for a 4” hose adapter and ended up here. For hose management I designed this a few months ago. It takes forever to print the track, but it works well in my shop. You can download it from prusa printers. It won’t let me post a link here.

5 Likes

It’s called Ceiling Track System if you search for it.

1 Like

Yeah that’s what I was thinking of doing with the door slider hardware. Nice work! I wish I had bought that dust right hose it looks lighter.

I use a retractable badge holder on the wiring on my laser engraver the same way.

The door track came in… wound up mounting the retractable cable to a board that slides back and forth. Looks tidier but I don’t think it functions much better than just hanging the cable from the middle.

The 4" dust collector setup is working great. I cut out a bunch of parts from a full sheet of MDF and there wasn’t a spec of dust on my piano black laptop. I’m thinking I can get away without wearing a dust mask now.

6 Likes

That looks awesome! I just got my Lowrider set up this weekend and used your dust collector mount in the initial build. I had to make an adapter ring to fit the Dust Right quick connect handle, but it works awesome. It really sucks well. Been testing for the past few days and don’t have any sawdust to clean up so far.

2 Likes

Wonder if your bearing T’s would fit in unistruit/superstruit?

I was thinking about unistrut as well. I happen to have a spare 10-foot section and unistrut trolleys are readily available (or maybe I can make my own… not complicated things). How well does the lowrider drag the hose around? Does it affect the lowrider at all? (i.e., make it tilt, make it hard to move, etc.)

Online Metals has really great pricing on Aluminum tube stock. Prices were so good, I picked up two additional lengths so I could widen my X axis when I am ready. Comes in a nice cardboard shipping tube that stores real well. Oh, and they are not real creative with their discount coupons - Save10 pretty much makes anything you buy worth free shipping.

1 Like

I love my Dust-Right stuff! Rockler even has a fixed wall/space slip-on reducer that you can use if you want to use a 2.5" hose later down the line - I have one fixed near each of my main dust producing tools and then the 2.5" hose connecting to the tool. This way I can just hook up when ever I need to switch quickly. Loved it the day I got it. No more 8th grade shop class ducting all over the shop! I’ll go get a picture to show…

2 Likes

Here’s the 2.5 to the shop saw. Don’t mind the dust around the saw, sometimes I fool myself in thinking “oh, it’s just a quick cut…” And that dust accumulates!

Love it! I printed an adapter to go from the dust right to a 2.5" hose, but the suction is always reduced down so much it isn’t usable. I don’t know much about dust collection systems, so I don’t know if that is normal, or if mine is underpowered.

That’s normal… shop vacs have a high static pressure compared to a dust collector. Dust collectors don’t do well with restricted hoses I found out the hard way too.

1 Like

Just seeing this. On mine the hose is static in the track, since I can lock it in, so it’s just stretching the hose. It hasn’t had any problems with it. I don’t know how well it would do if it had to pull the hose in the track.

1 Like

Whats the length of the hose your using?