4 SKR card broken after flashing from SD

Hi everyone,
I have a problem for several days with SKR 1.4 Pro cards and 2209.
I tried 4 cards SKR 1.4 and with everything I had the same problem.

When new ones card arrive they work.
I just flash the precompiled firmware “firmware.bin” taken from V1CNC_SkrPro_2209-2.0.7.2-src.zip.

they stop working and are no longer recognized even as COM … the card becomes unusable!

What happen? Should I hear a BEEP when the card finishes uploading firmware via SD CARD?

Can anyone help me ?

thank you all
Massimo

Skr Pro doesn’t have a 1.4, AFAIK. The skr pro firmware is for the skr pro 1.2

There is also a board named “Skr” which has a 1.3 and a 1.4 version (note that the skr pro 1.2 came out after the skr 1.3 and before the skr 1.4).

The firmware we have that will probably work is the skr 1p3 2209 from MarlinBuilder releases.

Thankyou for your reply!

Oh my God, do you mean that up to now I have uploaded the wrong firmware ??? :slight_smile:

My card is this one !

BIGTREETECH SKR V1.4 32bit Smoothieware Controller Panel Board per stampanti 3D Compatibile con 12864LCD/TFT24 Supporto 8825/TMC2208/Tmc2130

You confirm that I have to use skr 1p3 2209 from [MarlinBuilder releases] ?

Thankyou in advance!!!
Massimo

I don’t know for sure. But that ia what I would try. Keep the original firmware.cur from the microsd card in case you want to flash it back.

Yes, unfortunately the nomenclature for the SKR boards is a little strange. This is the board that the firmware is intended for and it works well.

I doubt that your board is dead, try the firmware Jeff suggested above.

Ok, got it, so I should buy this from the Italian market …

https://www.amazon.it/PoPprint-Printer-Control-Support-stampante/dp/B07SZN6DDT/ref=sr_1_7?crid=GQQTT1MFAHA2&dchild=1&keywords=skr+pro+v1.2&qid=1612189811&sprefix=SKR+Pro+%2Ccomputers%2C191&sr=8-7

Does anyone know which firmware for a MPCPRIMO is right for this V1.4 card?

https://www.amazon.it/gp/product/B082H8M1LV/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Thankyou
Massimo

that depends, i’m sure we could get your skr 1.4 to work, but it might take some work and some programing. if your not comfortable modifying and compiling firmware then maybe that would be for the best. if you want to learn more about your machine and how the firmware works, i would stick with the skr 1.4 and make it work.

AFAIK we do not have preconfigured firmware for the SKR1.4 board. you would have to take one of the available firmware releases and modify it to work in that board.

Be careful with that one as well. The image shows V1.1.

If you are going to buy another board. Why don’t you buy it directly from V1 Site. Or alternatively from BigTree Tech directly I’m pretty sure they ship to Italy.

ok, tonight in the meantime I try the VERSION 1.4 with the firmware skr 1p3 2209 …

then if it doesn’t work I’ll buy a PRO 1.2 card

Thanks everyone, I keep you updated!
Massimo

I’m not completely up on these versions, but I do remember reading the difference between v1.1 and v1.2 and thinking it wouldn’t matter for us. IIRC, it was some trace difference that affected how much power could go through the mosfets or something. Definitely not a software difference.

I have not read about the 1.4.

I am happy to confirm that the SKR 1.4 card works with the firmware skr 1p3 2209 from [MarlinBuilder releases]

I don’t need to buy SKR Pro 1.2…

Everything solved!
Thank you all !
Massimo

4 Likes