A Lowrider build in Stockholm, Sweden. Some tips for materials!

I’ve completed my build of the Lowrider2. In case someone else in Sweden is about to do the same, I’ve got some tips where to get decent and cheap material, so therefore this post… :slight_smile:

I ordered the “LOWRIDER2 CNC BUNDLE” for the mechanical parts, but part from that I made my own parts or bought things locally.

I 3D-printed all parts on a Flashforge Finder using PLA. The wooden parts I handmade with simple tools; a ruler, bandsaw and drill, more or less. I used edrawings viewer to get the correct dimensions of the plywood.

Tips on where to find parts locally (not allowed to post links, so describing how to search instead):

Bauhaus has some chromed pipes for wardrobes (for making coat hangers) that are perfect for the build. 25mm diameter and 2m length. Cheap and works perfectly for a moderately big build. Search for “GARDEROBSSTÅNG 25X2000MM KROM”

Clas Ohlsson has cheap aluminium profiles that can be used for the cable-channel. I also used them on the edges of the router-table to make a more stable/ straight foundation for the sledge to run on.
Search for “Aluminiumprofil till case och lådor”

For the router-table I happened to have a leftover foldable “Ikea” table, which saved me a bunch of work, and also made the whole thing possible to dismantle and stove away, which is nice…

The router used is a Makita RTO700, which is much easier to find here in Sweden than the Dewalt thing (bought mine on Bauhaus). There is another thread here on this forum describing how to install it and replacement parts on thingiverse (“Lowrider2 Makita RT0700C Plate and Vacuum Shoe” on thingiverse).

Costs, all in all, around 4000 SEK, except the router, which I already had at hand.

I’m very happy with the build. Works perfectly for my needs!

5 Likes

An image of the build.

9 Likes

Välkommen!

Looks good, I might do a lowrider as well as my MPCNC…but I am quickly running out of space on my garage.

Thanks! I’m also out of space - ish… I’m kind of hoping the foldable design will make it work anyway (so many toys, so little space)

I currently have my MPCNC set up on a a temporary desk but I will move it to its final place when I’m done sorting all wires. Then I free up the desk again for other unnecessary stuff.

Hi im located in Gothenburg Sweden and are thinking of building a Lowrider 2.
What controller do you use and would it be possible to chat with you about your experience with the machine?

Nice! I also live outside of Gothenburg, Sweden. I have ordered the bearings from Aliexpress, and have some leftover motors etc from my 3D-printers. Will hopefully begin to print and build my parts soon.

1 Like

Hi Nice Build! I have an extra set of printed parts and CNC routed plates, since a person backed off from his build! The stuff is in Stockholm! Regards!

I’m soon finished with printing all the parts, and are now looking into end mill bits. What bits do you use (and where to buy them)? I have a Makita RT0700C router.