ABL and adjusting the -Z offset

Hi guys!

Have some issues with a ABL capacitive probe I’m trying to install my Ender3.

I have the probe working fine. It triggers when I move my hande under it. No problem. In the kit there was a distance that I was told to place the nozzle on a “paperthickness” above the bed, fine, did that. Placed the distance under the probe, and made sure that it is tighten in that height on the current height.

I adjust the probe so that it lights up and tells me that yes, now it is triggered.

This is now Z=0 according to my display on the E3, peachy!

Now, according to the manual, I am now suposed to find my -Z offset which should basicly ram my nozzle about 1-2 mm into my bed.

I must miss something…

Anyone have knowledge of these types of probes and might help me point in the right way? If you need any pctures of anything, please let me know.

You are looking for the number to where your nozzle is exactly at the surface.

This is telling it where the nozzle is in relation to where the trigger…triggers.

My Z at that point in 0, and the nozzle is touching the bed. And I kind understnad how I could dial down the nozzle with negative numbers, because it will crash the nozzle to the bed

I guess I just understand

Rarely is the probe offset and the nozzle zero. That is a happy coincidence for you.

The best thing to do is just test it. Run a large bed level test print. You will know if you need to lift it a few tenths of a mm, or lower it.

As long as it is all working it is pretty easy to dial in now.