Akron, Ohio build

Can’t wait till it’s safe so you can see it and viesa versa

Hey Heath, This is Freddy D, in Fairlawn. What are you using your Lowriders for? I have mine working but I am unable to make say a sign and rout it? What are you using for CAD and CAM? Any help appreciated.

Freddy,

I actually only have parts for an MPCNC laying around and not put together. A teardrop camper and my house reno’s have taken up most of my time and I haven’t even gotten to getting it all on a table and screwed down.

I would have started with the software workflow that typically gets thrown around on these forums and the V1 site, but I am sorry to say I don’t have much help to offer

1 Like

Hello guys. I am also in Akron over near Manchester Rd. and Waterloo Rd. I am working on a Burly and modifying it to be an 80W CO2 Laser Engraver. I had just finished printing all the parts when the new design was announced and didn’t want to start again. I am 68 and a retired engineer. I would be interested in getting together to discuss designs and share some experiences. Does anyone know if any of the stl files for the Burly are available as step or Solid Works format?

1 Like

They are not. Just as STLs.

I would love it if you shared some of the details on the big laser project. Stay safe, those things can be dangerous.

As Jeff said, only the STLs are available. But we would all love to see your laser setup (with appropriate eye protection, of course).

Take some time to read the forums, maybe talk to @discobot, and you’ll get out of the newbie sandbox. Then you can post multiple photos, etc., etc.

Welcome to the tree house! :pirate_flag:

1 Like

Hi! To find out what I can do, say @discobot display help.