Amazon Affiliate Link

Hey Ryan, can you post an Amazon affiliate link without it pointing to a specific product? I’ve been using one from a podcast I don’t even listen to anymore and would like to change my support to you. (I buy a LOT of stuff on Amazon.)

1 Like

Thank Kenny, that is an awesome gesture.

Any of the other links on the site should work as well and the cookie is supposed to last 24hrs.

1 Like

It’s completely painless. You just create a shortcut to that link on your Bookmark Toolbar and use that every time you go to Amazon and it’s automatically a click through. Passive income is the bomb. Everybody get on board!

1 Like

It really does help. If everyone that used Amazon choose a person to support it usually adds up to a whole lot more than a typical patreon donation and doesn’t require much more than a bookmark like you said.

Apparently you have to be careful about how you point that out to people. I used to listen to a home brewing podcast called Basic Brewing. He used to say every episode something short and simple like “hey follow my amazon link to help support the show.” Apparently that was in violation of their terms and they dropped him completely. Just an FYI.

Yikes! I know emailing links are a huge no-no. I guess I should read over the terms again. For a while bookmarking was not valid either, they let you do it but did not count the sales. Currently they approve and have a page telling you how to make affiliate bookmarks on every browser.

How can I/we mark up Amazon product links in our posts to help benefit @vicious1 ? Is it as simple as adding tag=vicicn-20 to the URL? For example https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07SR3S2W3/ref=crt_ewc_title_srh_1?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=A37QXIKGEOBCOK&tag=vicicn-20

1 Like

I wish I could help, that sounds like an amazingly passive way to help a whole lot! Unfortunately, Amazon will not allow me to answer, or help you with that. The line I have on the parts pages is directly sent by them and required and the only thing I am allowed to say about it…

I have had several threats to cancel my account, and each time it is because they had changed the script and I was still using the old one. Very picky about what I say, but what others say does not seem to count against me.

1 Like

Sorry to hear that they want to make it harder for you, and them, to keep the lights on.

I’m going to, without any guidance, or any request from you, do what I think makes sense.

I expect my posts to be flagged, or deleted if I step over any line. Apologies in advance, hopefully I do something that helps.

1 Like