Any UK MPCNC owners?

Evening gentlemen

Following my successful few days, I now have started printing the Controllerboard Enclosure. With further tasks in mind. Does anyone know how to connect a Nextion 3.2TFT to a ramps 1.4???

I also am about to start installing the power connectors and so need to explore even more wiring.

[attachment file=64890]
This is the main power connector and will be wiring to include an emergency power cut device

I think that’s all for today. Great progress and should be soon ready to install the firmware, more reading

regards

Nice, clean, steady progress!

1 Like

Thank You Kind Sir

Just finishing building my table.

The only thing that concerns me is the wiring in series of the steppers,I just cant get my head around it.

I have uploaded the software and tested the steppers in Repetier and they all work ok- now for the bomb disposal wire cutting,I admit I am lost,any help appreciated.

Hi Amilo

just follow this diagram later on in this thread… It’s important to ignore any colour but follow the diagram for connections wire pathways only

The attached diagram is correct but you MUST ignore any wire colours and use it only for wiring part ways. If wiring really causes you an issue get the wires from the shop and save yourself a lot of time and frustrations.

regards [attachment file=65044]

image-9-1.jpeg

Just remember that the wire colors are arbitrary. Use the pinout in the diagram and mark your actual colors on it.

2 Likes

Afternoon Gentlemen
I have just attempted to upload the firmware and although it sucesfully uploaded it gave me this

[attachment file=64924]

You will see some text in the bottom box, is it an error or not?
Could someone check this and advise accordingly

regards

Those are warnings. If the warnings are in your code, you should understand them (they usually are pretty important). Since these are in U8glib, there’s nothing you can do about them.

TL;DR, it’s fine.

TL;DR, it’s fine? I’m lost with this reply

Sorry, there were a few typos. At far as the warnings, it’s fine to ignore them.

Maybe a senior moment… I think one motor needs to have one winding crossed-over from the other to reverse its direction of rotation. Per the diagram shown both will rotate in the same direction…

You are quite correct and I have adjusted information accordingly.

As stated several times, any diagram is for wire pathways only and any colour scheme must be ignored

regards

Like this…

Deleted as information wrong

regards

Evening

Post deleted to prevent confusion,

REMEBER any wiring diagrams MUST be used for wire pathways ONLY and ignore any colour scheme

regards

Look at the two diagrams that are already here. One coil needs to be reversed. The pretty diagram has them all the same way, the hand drawn one has one coil reversed marked “the rev”.

So in the pretty picture if you changed one green and black connection that would do it.

The hand drawn one is just split coil 1 is the blue and red in the pretty picture, black and green is equivalent to coil 2.

Post removed to save confusion.

Regards

I have now to the best of my ability done a drawing from the information given,

I have checked through several times and hope this is right and helps someone

[attachment file=64981]

I have just altered my wiring and tested and it is now correct YAY!

DO NOT TREAT COLOURS AS GOSPLE, IT IS CONNECTIONS ONLY

regards

image-9-1.jpeg

Sorry that you are so frustrated. The hand drawn one is my diagram and has never really caused many issues before and after all this time no other better diagrams have popped up. I offer the wires for sale, I have them custom made. If you are that frustrated spend the $10, problem solved. I have spent many hours trying to make it as easy as possible for everyone, if you come up with a better diagram that does not include colors I would love to include it on the site.

Your message comes across super aggravated. The fix is super simple, you swap two connections. If you do not understand what two please show us your wires and we can help you. Diagrams do not work because of the color issue, as you can see I didn’t catch the issue in the other thread you asked about this in, so show us your wires and we can try and help.

1 Like

Your revised diagram looks correct, but because many just blindly follow the colors I can not use it. There 100% is no standard color scheme for the steppers that is followed.

1 Like