Assembly Instructions

Looks great, Very clear. Whenever you are happy with it I’ll make a post and put it on the site.

Thanks again!

typo maybe? or maybe I just cant measure :). middle part assembly part 1… 1.75inch bolts not 1.5 inch bolts. 1.5 too short

In calculating the length of belt, adding just 2" to the length of the pipe seems 2" to 3" short to me. This is with using the Mechanical Belt tightener accessory which looks like I need less belt for that than the original way of wire tying at the corners. Here are the dimensions I have for my CNC:

X=20, Y =28, Z=6.1
X Conduit Lengths: 31" x 3
Y Conduit Lengths: 39" x 3
Z Conduit Lengths: 14" x 2

Z Threaded Rod Length: 12"

X Belt Lengths: 33" x 2
Y Belt Lengths: 41" x 2

Looks like I loose a little over 5" of belt length at the motor, so I can not see how adding just 2" will work. Did I miss something here?

Hi all,

Sorry bit confused here. I plan to get your kit and would like to know how long to cut each conduit to make the supplied belt work and wiring. The pdf doesn’t state a clear. Its great to want to know how to cal the custom size however for those that are getting kit I would like to know the max size of each conduit piece I need to cut.

IE just making up numbers. Please KISS the conduit size for those that are getting the kit and want to know what we need to cut so we dont end up short and have to buy replacement belt.
X tube 26" x4
y tube 28" x4
Z tube 8" x2

Take a look at this simple MP CNC calculator I made. There is an openscad file to calculate conduit lengths, threaded rod & belt lengths: http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:948320
of a visual basic program here: https://github.com/geodave810/MP_CNC_Calc
I based the calculations mostly on the assembly guide: http://public.vicious1.de/Assembly_Instructions_v0.2.pdf by Bofferle

GeoDave’s calculator works very well.

I think you asking how big can you go if you bought my bundle from this site?
Still not a simple answer.

Let me lead with, the smaller the stronger, the stronger the easier it is to use, also the faster you can cut, print ect.

Z-axis I supply 12" of allthread, so the max you could do is a little over 6" of travel and that would need about 2 pieces of 15" of conduit.

So the limiting factor for the X and Y axis is only the belt that I supply. it is enough for 48" of combined movement, X=24" and Y=24", or x=12" and Y=36", ect.

Easy numbers would be 4 pieces at 28" and 2 pieces at 27".

I made mine from a big square into a smaller rectangle, turns out I only cut really small parts…Why did I build a machine that could go so big?

If you want exact numbers run that calculator

Thanks,

Sorry was really confused but the reply made it easier to understand.

New to this build and CNC…Little confused with the calculator. I understand that the z-axis will require 2 conduits and the frame (x & y) will require a pair for X and a pair for Y. Which makes the frame. But the calculator "Piece Length " shows X3 for the X conduit and X3 for the Y conduit.

Never mind…lightbulb just turned on…lol!!!

Yup 3 of each. If you want to get fancy the 3rd piece is actually 1/2" shorter (the gantry bar).