Avto Home doesn't work

Hello,
so i bought MPCNC build kit - primo version and RAMBO V1.4 pre-flashed for cnc with LCD panel. And it works fine and i already made a few things. The only problem is when i try to home the machine. When i pres HOME X&Y, what happens is z axis goes up 10 mm, x axis moves +5 mm and y axis moves +5 mm. And the same thing happens if i pres AVTO HOME, just at the end z axis starts dropping and i have to unplug the machine. Sooo… Help, please.

Home makes the machine move until it reaches the endstop switches, then backs off 5mm, and looks for them again.

The default firmware is configured for endstop switches to be wired normally closed. So an endstop switch that is not triggered should be connecting the Signal and Ground pins. An endstop switch that is triggered should leave the signal pin disconnected.

So my guess is you either don’t have endstop switches installed, and you were expecting it to just move to home (it doesn’t do that). Or you have then installed and wired incorrectly.

If you have end stop switches installed, start your debugging by sending an M119 g-code command from Repeteir-Host.

Sorry for not responding, but I’m happy to say I solved the problem. The problem were CABLES.

I think that the parts of the cables that connects to the pins of the end-stop were damaged. So either there was a factory mistake or I somehow damaged all four cables.

Anyway, I would like to thank Jeffed3 and Robert Bunney, your comments helped a lot, bye.

1 Like