Best replacement board

Hello all, in my buildlog you might have seen the loose box of parts delivered to me (which should be a full MPCNC).

Ive just started assuming that the board is kaput as it wont connect to my PC on repetier host and I cant see it in device manager. Also NO lights on the baord. BigGreetech SKR 1.3.

WHat can I replace it with? Price is important. Arduino? Another BigGreeTech?

It may not seem like the cheapest option, but ordering a board from Ryan is a good value, and you can spend far more on something less helpful. A mini rambo works fine, right out of the box. Get the serial wiring kit, and you will save lots of time on your build. The official boards are built pretty tough (for electronics, they aren’t hammers). Ryan preflashes them with working firmware. They also include builtin drivers.

The skr is a great value, but it is causing some headaches and there are some posts that have no resolution. If you know what you’re doing, go for it. Otherwise, be ready to learn.

Are you running windows 10 ?

There is a jumper on the board that needs to be on the USB terminal if you want it to power up with USB.

2 Likes

Thanks Blaine, can you explain a bit more? Should I just pop the jumper on it or off and then plug in via USB to my PC? Sorry not good at electronics at all!

Thanks man, yeah I can see the value. I dont mind flashing boards and the like and this problem cost me 200 pounds so trying to keep costs down.

This guy has several good tutorials on the SKR 1.3

Check out his playlists.

This video explains a lot of the basics of the 1.3.
Ignore the part about using Atom with platformio. You’ll now want to use VScode with platformio.

He covers how to configure marlin for various stepper drivers in his other videos.

2 Likes