Reporting endstop status
x_min: open
y_min: open
y2_min: open
z_min: TRIGGERED
z_max: open
z2_max: TRIGGERED

here and thanks

You can check that while holding down each switch. They should all be open when none of the switches are pressed. If they are wrong, it may be a firmware or a wiring issue.

Plugged in no tape

SENDING:M119

Reporting endstop status

Tape on ZL End stop

Reporting endstop status

z_min: open

Tape on ZR End stop

Reporting endstop status

z_max: TRIGGERED

Tape on ZL +ZR

Reporting endstop status

both ZL + ZR unplugged from the board

Reporting endstop status

I am thinking firmware because it was working the Teaching tech but I am moving away from that to other reason not being able to edit is compile software.

Thank for all the help and if you can assist me making any changes in the firmware that will be deeply appreciated

I have print screen some change I noticed with Teaching tech and V1CNC_Skr1p3_DualLR_2209-2.0.7.2-src file in the configuration_adv.h

I get a whole bunch of errors as soon as I copy and paste the blue into the new firmware.

Yeah. You canā€™t just copy and paste that. That config has changed through the versions.

You have your Z endstops wired wrong. They should be wired between the C and NC, not the C and NO.

The ZR endstop also seems to be plugged into the wrong spot. It is triggering on zmin when it should be z2max.

kk- I will hold on tight for now, to see if a revision for the Firmware comes out to address this problem I am encountering . It seems way out of my my league to think I can just copy and paste to fix my problem .
Once again thanks for all the help and replies . please let me know if you do have any work around it .

I have it wired on C and NC now for all my end stops

I am having a hard time figuring out where you are at with this. It looks like you have the software configured for dual endstops on a low rider, with Z home dir +1.

What isnā€™t working? All movement? Just homing?

Since you rewired the endstops, does M119 look right?

just homing

Guys -so I did some more troubleshooting and till same problem - is there anything in the software I need to change to make endstops to work properly since I am running dualLR
This what happens when I do home
Home X works
Home Y works
Home Z does not work (left stepper starts to spin Up without stopping )

when I do Home All
left stepper starts to spin Up without stopping

this my my current

M119
Reporting endstop status
z_probe: TRIGGERED

Any help will me appreciated

Reverse your Z endstop switches. As in swap where they plug into the mainboard.

It appears to me that the one Z endstop is triggering the wrong motor. Then that motor stops and you never trigger the other Z endstop

Edit: This is assuming that your Z probe should be triggered now!

Z1 should be plugged into Z_MAX

Z2 should be plugged into X_MAX

Z_MIN should be used for the Z touch plate, and should be normally open. Triggered for the probe means that the circuit is closed, which is normal if the Z probe is touching ground.

So on my SKR board I have
X-
X+
Y-
Y+
Z-
Z+

for the endstops
so how do you want me do you want me to do the connection - is there any documentation to show me where to connect things .thanks for the help

This is a quick test I just did

M119
Reporting endstop status
x_min: TRIGGERED X
z2_max: open
z_probe: open
M119
Reporting endstop status
y_min: TRIGGERED - Right Y
M119
Reporting endstop status
M119
Reporting endstop status
y2_min: TRIGGERED- Left Y
M119
Reporting endstop status
z2_max: TRIGGERED- Right Z
M119
Reporting endstop status
z_max: TRIGGERED - Left Z

Now when I hit Home both Z starts going UP but it should be going down to hit the Z endstops . when I am going a Gcode run everything works fine Z moves in the right direction .This seems to only happen when I do the Home function .

Found this in the software for the the end stop do I just need to change the #define Z_HOME_DIR +1 to #define Z_HOME_DIR -1

// @section homing

//#define NO_MOTION_BEFORE_HOMING // Inhibit movement until all axes have been homed

//#define UNKNOWN_Z_NO_RAISE // Donā€™t raise Z (lower the bed) if Z is ā€œunknown.ā€ For beds that fall when Z is powered off.

//#define Z_HOMING_HEIGHT 4 // (mm) Minimal Z height before homing (G28) for Z clearance above the bed, clamps, ā€¦

// Be sure to have this much clearance over your Z_MAX_POS to prevent grinding.

//#define Z_AFTER_HOMING 10 // (mm) Height to move to after homing Z

// Direction of endstops when homing; 1=MAX, -1=MIN

// :[-1,1]

#define X_HOME_DIR -1

#define Y_HOME_DIR -1

#define Z_HOME_DIR +1

// @section machine

// The size of the print bed

#define X_BED_SIZE 600

#define Y_BED_SIZE 600

// Travel limits (mm) after homing, corresponding to endstop positions.

#define X_MIN_POS 0

#define Y_MIN_POS 0

#define Z_MIN_POS 0

#define X_MAX_POS X_BED_SIZE

#define Y_MAX_POS Y_BED_SIZE

#define Z_MAX_POS 200

/**

We send them to Z+:

https://docs.v1engineering.com/electronics/dual-lr/

Just wired mine upā€¦

• X- Wired to the X min endstop
  • X+ Wired to the Z2 max endstop
  • Y- Wired to the Y1 min endstop
  • Y+ Wired to the Y2 min endstop
  • Z- Wired to the Z probe
  • Z+ Wired to the Z1 max endstop.

Homing goes up to the top of the machine. This way you can square the Z movement without the mill hitting the material or table. Use the z probe to go to the bottom of movement, you need to adjust this in any case since we usually zero to the top of the work piece.

Most industrial CNC machines home Z to the top like this (also usually back right, to be out of the way for putting the work piece in or taking it out, but we arenā€™t doing that.)

You can change it, but be aware that homing Z down can have consequences with hitting the work piece.

On the MPCNC LR, home was always Z goes all the way down and everything else will move to the left corner were the X endstop is then Y moves all the way toward me .If Z moves up that mean I need to change the mounts for the endstop for Z because, I always had it come down to square with TT Tech firmware which I moved on from . Thanks once again and please let me the link to how I can mount the endstop switch to go up ,which is not a bad idea.

1 Like

There are of course others. These are mine

Iā€™ve updated to ones that also hold Y stops, the Z works the same way.