Burly MPCNC to Primo 25.4 Version | Can I reuse my screws and bearings?

Hi there, I started printing my parts to build a Primo MPCNC 25.4mm Version, I currently have the Burly MPCNC with a 20" x 30" work area. Can I reuse my hardware? Screws, etc. Or will I still need to buy more hardware if so what exactly?

Thanks in advance!

Pretty sure this should list all the new hardware you’ll need, though it seems to be out of stock in the store.

1 Like

I used the V1 Upgrade Kit that SirNate0 links to upgrade my Burly to a Primo, and I had just one machine screw left over. So, that is a great list to figure out what you need.

It’s out of stock but I sourced all of those upgrade screws and parts just now on Amazon. Thanks.

1 Like

The hardware got much simpler (a bunch of M5 and M8s) so the screws are part of the update. The bearings should still work fine.

Does anybody know if the firmware also needs to be changed? Due to the belt and pulley size changing? Or can I use the same firmware currently on my machine?

Your firmware should still work. Only the belt width changed, not the spacing of the “teeth,” and the specified pulleys have the same number of teeth. But, even if they did change (we’ve had a number of instances on the forum of people buying a pulley with less teeth), the steps per mm can be adjusted using g-code, and using a display if you have one, so no compile required for that adjustment.

Not sure what version you are using, but there is a no-compile way to update the firmware using XLoader, and certain versions of the Marlin firmware have had significant bugs that have since been addressed.

I have the latest firmware running thanks! Okay so I took apart my burly version. I’m getting ready to start my primo version. I ordered the extra hardware that was mentioned in the forums when you are upgrading from the burly version but I am assuming that I will be using a lot of the hardware from my burly version correct?

1 Like

Yea.

1 Like