Can I export Tool List in Estlecam for backup

Hi folks,
So I am plugging along methodically with Estlcam and have put significant effort and time into creating a Tool List for the bits that I have acquired to date. I am so afraid of losing this data in case of computer hardware failure or any other of the random crazy things that can happen.

Is there any way to export/import my settings from Estlcam as a backup for when I change computers, lose my drive or whatever? I’d like to know that I could reload my active Tool List if I ever needed to start clean.

I currently have screenshots of all the settings dialogs saved but there must be a more elegant way to back up my configs. Yes, No?

HI @tracyofleming
I sync my entire c:/ProgramData/Estlcam directory between two computers so my settings are identical regardless of the one I work on.
It you save a tool list as default (menu in the tool list) it will save the file c:/ProgramData/Estlcam/V11/Tools Default.dat
So you should be able to copy the entire Estlcam directory to backup, or just that file and you should be good.

You can also save different tool lists for different materials.

Have one .dat file for MDF. One for Plywood. One for soft wood… etc etc. With different feeds and DOC for each tool for each material.

1 Like

Yes these are in stealthy Tool List menu.

Wow, as usual, great information from everyone! Thanks to all of you and especially Yvan for taking the time to totally embarrass with that awesome screenshot. So it takes a retired Educational Technology Director ta ask how to pick Save from a menu.

Truly, thanks for the straight forward answer and I may very well sync those folders as Darwin suggested. At very least I will be saving these .dat files out.

Much appreciated Gents!
tof