Can I get away with 0,035" Tubing?

Hey there,

I am in the process of printing a Lowrider. But stainless steel tubing is quiet expensive in the Germanys. Do you think I can get away with 0.035" steel tubing? It can be bought for not even 1/5 of the price (in form of courtain rods) but more important, i have 12 x 210 cm laying around anyways. I’d love the Lowrider to be 125 cm in width, but if the tubing is not stiff enough, less would do the job as well.

From the description I take that the Mostly does better with less stiff tubing. In that case I’d just build a Mostly for fun, because I have the tubing laying around anyways.

What do you think?

Unfortunately no. I tried them, crushed them in a single pass of the rollers…still have them on a shelf. 0.065" is a minimum.

Not even if I make a mpcnc small? Not even with a laser instead of a spindle? :slight_smile:

I am in America and i used 1" copper type L and K on builds in the past and it is actually more expensive, yet held up amazingly well. Here is the company we used to purchase the steel tubing to have on hand and it wasn’t all that expensive, i do not know what shipping would cost you but 20 feet of it is $74 US dollars. You would want the T4R1065B if i am correct. Here is the link
https://www.metalsdepot.com/stainless-steel-products/polished-stainless-products/polished-stainless-round-tube