CNC.js Operation

I am trying to use CNC.js as a sender but I am having issues with the operation of zeroing/homing. I have tried to set a new zero but when I do it starts to move erratically and ends up crashing one of the axes. Maybe I dont understand the difference between homing and zeroing but when i try either it ends up crashing. What I would like to do is jog to my work piece location and set a new zero position. Then start the file from that new position. I cannot seem to find a way to do it. Any advice would be appreciated.

There are buttons in the right for each axis that are to the left of home. They look like upside down tear drop shapes. Those should reset the 0 for that axis. I was doing that over the weekend with cncjs 9.22.

You can always use the tried and true method of sending G92 X0 Y0 Z0. You can even set up macros for tht if you like.

I will have to try that when I get home. I seem to remember clicking that and it not doing anything. I will try the console command and see if that works. Thanks!

I type in the G92 commands because my tired old eyes can see those icons very well and I keep clicking on the homing button instead of the zeroing button.

1 Like