CNC off message

Hi,

I as cutting some brass sheet and after about ten minutes suddenly the message ‘CNC off’ on the display and the position numbers flashing. Raised the cutter and went back to 0,0,0 but it was a mm or so off. I must add a reference point hole to allow resets! But any idea what might have caused this?

Unit is an MPCNC arduino with ramps and marlin v1 version with dual end stops

Dave

I haven’t seen cnc off before. It may have been static discharge resetting the ramps. Were the motors disengaged?

You say v1 version. Which one? v513?

I did a text search in the Marlin source for any messages that start with “CNC” or end in “off”, and came up with only one CNC string…and it is not the “CNC off” you mention. I also looked for any messages in the display code that contained the string “CNC”, and also came up empty. Are you sure this is the exact error message? Are you sure you are running a newer version of V1 firmware? I was searching in version 510D Marlin source code.

I wonder if that is in the gcode for a tool change or something.

1 Like

Maybe the cnc came from the machine name MPCNC. I think it says “MPCNC ready” after it boots.

1 Like

Thanks for the feedback on this, I am starting to wonder if I got the error message correct, if it happens again I will take a picture. When it boots says 414d bugfix2. After the problem the system still accepted commands as I was able to move the cutter back to 0,0,0 but it was about 1 mm off on the x axis. If the ramps gets to hot does it shut down/alert the arduino?

Dave

You should definitely update to v513 from MarlinBuilder releases.

1 Like