CNC Router Arduino Mega 2560 Ramps 1.4

Hola

Estoy intentando hacer un CNC Router y tengo muchas dudas. Como no vi un posteo en español asi que me decidí a hacerlo para ayudar a otras personas que tengas dudas similares. Voy a intentar ser lo más específico posible para le sirva a todos.

Mi idea es utilizar MPCNC o LowRider2, pero por ahora ese no es mi problema.

Tengo un Arduino Mega 2560, una Ramps 1.4, 4 Drivers DRV8825 y 4 Motores paso a paso.

2 Motores Eje Y
1 Motor Eje X
1 Motor Eje Z

¿Qué firmware necesito o me recomendarían?

¿Qué parámetros debería cambiar para hacer andar correctamente como un CNC Router?

Escribo en un comentario mis otras dudas para dejar el posteo lo más prolijo posible por si alguien busca desde algún motor de búsqueda.

Estuve leyendo bastante y tengo muchas dudas. Y no quiero terminar quemando el Arduino.
Probé muchos firmware y sólo llegué hacer andar un sólo motor correctamente y los otros no giraban y algunos se calentaban.

El Marlin que está en V1Engineering también probé, pero no se que parámetros tengo que cambiar para hacer andar como un CNC Router. Tengo entendido que instalando el firmware de la página y sin configurar nada va a funcionar como una impresora 3D.

Tengo mis dudas si los motores no giran porque los Drivers están quemados o yo los quemé. ¿Cómo podría saber si están quemados?

Después también no se si no están girando porque no puse los jumpers para hacer 1/32 micropasos o si no tiene nada que ver eso. Porque se puede configurar desde el Firmware.

I can read your posts just fine through google translate. I know some Spanish, but I won’t torture you by trying to write anything but English. :slight_smile:. Hopefully, the translation back to Spanish works well enough for this conversation.

The MPCNC and LowRider2 both use 5 motors. So you will need another motor eventually.

The recommended firmware for RAMPS is Marlin, configured by Ryan. I would not start with the dual endstop version, because it is more advanced. You can run two motors off of a single driver by wiring them in serial:

https://docs.v1engineering.com/electronics/steppers/#series-do-it-this-way-

The firmware from Ryan’s github already has been configured for CNC work. It does not need any additional configuration. You will need to adjust the current on the DRV8825s though. If you don’t adjust the current, they will overheat, or “skip steps”.

You should install all the jumpers under the drivers to enable 1/32 microstepping. Otherwise, the machine will try to move way too fast.

The RAMPS boards are very fragile. It is very possible that either the drivers or the mega have broken. The only way to test is to go through the setup and see if they work.

There are more details about getting the Marlin firmware and flashing it in the docs:

https://docs.v1engineering.com/electronics/marlin-firmware/

2 Likes

Thank you (again). You’ve made a lot of things clear to me. I really appreciate your answers.

If i don’t install all the jumpers under the drivers to enable 1/32 microstepping. Can i change in the firmware some lines to make it work as 1/16 microsteppeing or more if exists? Right now i don’t have jumpers but i’m goin to buy it when quarentine passes.

Now i’m goin to read about Ryan’s code.

Thank you :slight_smile:

I think no jumpers means that it is in full step mode, which would really drop the resolution. You only remove one of them to be 1/16th. There is one line in the configuration to change the number of steps/mm. You can also change it with a gcode command, and save it to EEPROM.

In the preconfigured RAMPS code, it assumes DRV8825s, which are 1/32nd microstepping, so the steps are 200,200,800, I think. If you had 1/16th (like the Rambo configurations), it would be 100,100,400. If you had full steps it would be 6.25steps/mm, which is going to be pretty choppy.

1 Like