Customize LCD display

Running the latest Marlin on a Ramps 1.4, REPRAP discount controller with LCD. Recently added a laser controlled through the PWM on D9, fan speed. I would like to see the fan speed shown on the main screen. Anyone know how and where to edit the code in Marlin to display the fan speed?

I used to know how to do this in the Repetier firmware. I looked around in the Marlin firmware about 30 minutes and I couldn’t find it but I am sure it can be done. I think an example of how to show it might be in the UltraLCD.cpp. But I am not sure.

It is displayed on the “Full Graphics Displays” by default. You can see in the attached images. I have a discount RepRap LCD with marlin 1.1.9 on my CNC and a full graphics LCD with Marlin 1.1.8 on my TAZ 5 3D printer. The icon in the top right is the fan speed displayed from 0 to 100%. Even though the values you can manually set it to is between 0 and 255. You can see all of that in the other images.

You might be able to get some more direct help if you post in a marlin development forum.

If you can’t figure out how to modify what you see on the basic LCD then you may want to consider just buying the larger full graphics LCD instead.

Sorry it isn’t the perfect answer but its the best I can do for now.

The whole LCD has been revamped, you are supposed to easily be able to change the graphics now as well, but I have not dug very far into it.