D9 always on

I just noticed that my D9 (fan) is always on, I’ve tried the M106/M107 commands, nothing seems to be able to turn it off…

am I missing something?

Thanks

If it is always on, even when you just plug it in sounds like a bad mosfet, or make sure none of the metal tabs on the mosfets are touching that will turn them on or pop them.

If you don’t use those ports you can not power them and have no issues.

It’s off when it’s just plugged in… when you connect to it with Repetier, then it immediately gets power. My plan was to use it to power my little 2.5W Laser (no TTL or PWM), but I have a Sainsmart 4-channel relay board I can probably use and control it through the D4 Servo port… I was planning on using it for the spindle, might as well wire it all up at once I guess…

I’ll check the mofsets anyway. Everything else is working fine now.

Thanks,

MH

Try re-flashing your firmware. If that doesn’t work it’s probably a bad mosfet (as long as the fan isn’t on by default in Repetier?).

I reflashed the firmware, didn’t make any difference, but I got D5 Servo port working… OMG, this laser so too cool…

I’m using Inkscape to write the gcode, the scale is ridiculously off, but I’m still playing with it…

I built a tool head that carries the J-Head hot end with Bowden tube, the Laser & Fan and a proximity sensor… so I don’t need to change out the tool to switch between 3d Printer & Laser tools… CNC is much messier, so that requires a tool change…

a year into it and I’m still having fun! :wink:

Thanks!!!