Drag knife holder for v1 Makita mount

Before I spend the time designing something myself I thought I would ask if anybody has made a drag knife holder that fits into the Makita mount from the V1 tool mounts collection?

I’ve had a search on Thingiverse but the couple of models I found have the bottom Makita mount upside down.

Thanks

I plan on using the pen holder that I made for mine. It’s intended to use the Makita clamp base, but should also work for the V1 Primo mount, since it emulates the router barrel.

2 Likes

Couldn’t find anything that fit my needs perfectly so decided to design my own solution. It can hold the drag knife and a pen using an adaptor I designed. Also keeps everything centered in the mount.

Will get a couple pics of it in use tomorrow.

3 Likes

Not yet used it fully yet but did a full test fit and everything looks good.

Holder fitted with drag knife installed.

Ped adaptor

Holder fitted with pen adaptor fitted.

Parts.

So now I can swap between knife, pen and router without having to change the mount and everything lines up so can use the same alignment grid.

2 Likes

@gforce2010 how did the new mount work out? Would you be interested in sharing the design?

Done a few more cuts and seems to be working well.

I will upload to Thingiverse in the next couple of days.

I didn’t get my knife from Ryan but the one I have looks the same. I will include a small test piece that you can print to check the fit of the knife before printing the whole mount.