Dual Y axes max homing setup help

Hi Guys,

I’m trying to set up my CNC to home to the front left, my end stops work for X and Z but Y is not.
I guess this is because it’s the max position, but how do I change it in marlin, so both end stops are max instead of min ?.

any help is much appreciated

Low rider or mpcnc? Serial wiring or dual endstops?

Front left should be 0,0, not max. Which way does your x and y go?

Hi, i have the low rider, it homes to the back for some reason and x goes to the left. when i change it to 1 it goes to the front but the end stops dont work then

Before doing any homing, you have to get the coordinates going the right way, and you need to verify the endstop status with M119.

The most common coordinate is:

• X+ to the right
  • Y+ away from you
  • Z+ up.

If you send some movement commands from Repetier host or from the LCD, you should be able to tell which way they are going, and flip some things around. With the power completely off, you can just flip a stepper connector 180 and that stepper will move the opposite direction.

If it helps, you can imagine yourself standing on another side of the table to get the XY going the right way. But in your CAM software, you’ll always have to imagine yourself on that side of the table. If there’s no where you can stand where those coordinates are going that way, then you’ll end up with mirrored parts.

For example, if you have X+ away from you and +Y to the right, you will always cut mirrored parts.

Before homing, make sure the directions are right for each motor. Also make sure a 10mm movement is about 10mm (You’re looking out for major problems here like 20mm or 12.5mm, not 10.1mm). Then make sure the endstops are showing triggered or open at the right time with M119. Make sure the X1 motor is next to the X endstop, assuming you have dual endstops. Then try homing one axis at a time.

Thanks, for some reason i had not reversed the drivers in marline for Y. when i hit + it was going to the back, when it should have been going to the front.

Thanks for your quick reply and help its much apreciated.