estlcam CNC Controller

Is it possible to use the estlcam CNC controller to run a mini rambo from my computer? Or do I have to go with the rambo v1.4? Any help would be much appreciated.

Neither, he does not support them any longer, only the uno.

Oh man. That’s really too bad. I like the software a lot, but not being able to use a things like touch off and surface scan is a real bummer. Thank you for the quick response. Really enjoying my mpcnc.

You do not need to use Estlcam control for z probing, make your gcode and add what ever tool change or probing code you want. I Just did a PCB about 20 minutes ago, two homes, two Z probes, with the standard firmware. Very few people ever used the control, that is why he stopped supporting it. We just need the gcode.

Thank you, I’ll definitely give that a shot. Does the same work for a touch plate? I’m looking for a better way to set a datum.

Yup. When making the PCB I just used the conductive surface and the bit as the contacts. More info on the dual end stop page.

1 Like

So maybe I’m just being stupid, but I’m not understanding how to add the G28 to my code. Is that something you do from the cnc programs tab under setup? Or something you do in repetier-host?

Setup-cnc programs-texts

In there you will see, start, end, tool change etc.

For the dual endstop firmware using and LCD I have

start

G90
G92 X0 Y0 Z0
G00 Z5.0000 F500
G28 X Y Z
M00
M03 S<s>

end

M05
G0 Z35
M84

Tool change

M05
G0 Z35
M84
M00
;Change tool: <n>
G28 X Y Z
M00
M03

Be careful, I adjust the numbers depending on the cut, and powering off the steppers can cause some machines to drop the spindle…

Awesome. That worked. Thank you so much.

Awesome. That worked. Thank you so much.