Estlcam controller with plasma cutter

So I’m trying to use Estlcam controller through a pc to run my MPCNC plasma cutter. CNC controller is Arduino cnc shield running grbl.

Two problems i’m having are.

1. If I add gcode to start of cut text for probing work surface before each cut it doesn’t work. I add
    G38.2 Z-50 F10
    G92 Z1.9
    G01 Z2.7
    M03 S24000
    G01 Z1.5

It seems to try and probe for a few mm and then gives up and continues on with rest of gcode. If I set the torch close to surface before probing, everything stops when it trips the microswitch and I get a error on computer screen telling me to hold F11 to move axis. G92 doesn’t zero z when entered in manual command line either.

1. Then using surface scan can you set an offset? It probes to microswitch is clicked, but it uses this as Z0 which is 1.9mm to low.
    Also Z movements really slow down the x and y movements which make everything slow and jerky. Is there a way of fixing this?

Thanks,

Damien

Does GRBL Gcode not work in estlcam controller?

Really hoping someone can help out here :pray:

I don’t have any experience with the Estlcam controller. I am not sure what it uses.

I use estlcam only for cam.

Thanks for reply.

Its strange, if I manually issue the G38.2 Z-50 F10 command, the torch moves down until the switch is hit and stops. On the controller it says probe triggered and to hold F11 to proceed. The G92 Z1.9 does not reset zero point, or do anything, but if I move z just off switch and issue G92 Z1.9 it moves z axis up 1.9mm I thought it was supposed to zero it.
Anyhow thats while manually inputting lines, but if I run a file of gcode, the G38.2 and G92 lines are completely ignored, but the rest of the operation works as expected.

Does anyone else have any insight?

Thanks.

Unfortunately, with closed source firmware, I can’t go look at how it works and figure out what is going on. An open source firmware like grbl or Marlin has pretty good documentation, and if that fails, I can go read the code. But in the estlcam firmware, you’re at the mercy of the developer to document what is going on.

Thanks

Is this not gcode (grbl) issues?

How far does it probe down before the switch is activated? From my understanding if it’s more than 50mm this case it will throw that error. Is it possible there is a circuit issue?

When you zero the z axis should you not use Z-1.9 to in order for zero to be 1.9 above the current position?

What kind of switch and mechanical configuration are you using for probing?

I make sure the head is within the 50mm, but it doesn’t probe anyhow, it ignores the probe command anyway unless like I said I enter it manually. In the manual case it probes down to switch is activated then stops, but nothing will happen after that.

Yes it probably is Z-1.9. I have tried it both ways, but nothing happens. The zero point doesnt change either way.

Its a microswitch on a floating Z with cap between wires at controller. I know it works cos it did when I had a Ramps board, but I wanted to do the same through computer with grbl.

Thanks.

1 Like

There’s always Linuxcnc!

I’m sorry, I don’t have any experience with estlcam controller and can’t help. However, you might reach out to the developer himself. I’ve emailed him before with questions on estlcam.

Was thinking of Linuxcnc, but don’t like the thought of rewiring again.

I sent him off an email. I was wary in case it was bothering him.

Thanks.

Spoke to the developer. Those commands aren’t supported by controller