Evolution of the MPCNC

Its super cool to see the history of how the MPCNC got started. I’m really glad you started this thread.

4 Likes

Thanks, It is mostly fun walking down memory lane. A new launch is a lot of work and full of uncertainties so I figured now was a good time to show myself how many times I have done this same thing.

I have more details to put in for sure but the main points are in.

6 Likes

I don’t know if it’s possible but I think many who missed it first time around would enjoy seeing your interview (I forget the site) if you could post a link.

1 Like

Added it to my notes.

bottom Burley, 525, unreleased beta, unreleased beta, V1.5
top MPCNC Darryl, cause it wasn’t quite right…

3 Likes

No Darryl ever is.

1 Like

Damn, it’s like you live here…

2 Likes

my first still ready to roll at a hrs notice

2 Likes

I really enjoyed the retrospect. Looking back to go forward

1 Like

Ryan, was there an “Ah-Ha!” moment in moving from the multi-part core to the (almost) one-piece core? Or was it something that was considered over a longer period of time and developed slowly? I’m interested in how that change came about.

No, I just realized it is the only way to stop answering questions about getting it square. Most people could get a square build just fine, but some really just could not no matter how hard they tried. So with this monster print if you can not get it square your printer is skewed.

I never wanted to do a 1 piece before because of the print time.

3 Likes

Nice to hear about some of the design decisions.

I have almost all my leds made with a bridge rectifier, even though most are symmetrical designs, it adds another point of failure, and slightly increases cost and prices.

Still, the reduction in returns and questions has been worth it, if only for my sanity.

It’s not a compromise I ever thought I’d be cool with, but here we are.

1 Like