extruder making strange noise

1. Did you buy everything from here?
    everything was initially purchased from here. however, upon plugging in the mega for this first time, I heard a small pop and looked over to find that my mega was releasing blue smoke. I ordered a mega off of amazon and substituted it for the broken one.
    b)What firmware?
    I am currently running the no lcd marlin firmware supplied on the website
  2. Are you using end stops?
    none yet.
  3. Are you using all my recommended parts?
    yes

when I try out a print, I find that the extruder just lets out a loud squeaking noise that cant be good for it. I tried without the 1.75 mm filament and it just emmited the same horrible noise. I’m fairly sure its hardware related, but am unsure how to fix it.

any ideas?

Did you set the voltage on the extruder driver potentiometer?

that… is an excellent question. no actually, I got it on amazon and wasn’t sure how to set it without an oscilloscope.

never mind, I realized that
first of all, an oscilloscope was never involved
and second of all, that there was no need for me to set them myself, as I could just order them on your store

Mine are not preset either. I only preset the ramps bundle. You can set yours by feel but it is so much safer to just use a multi meter.

shizzle.
I’ll see what I can do

What should the extruder driver be set to?

If you are using my extruder that between .6-.7V. If you got your elsewhere you need to check the manufactures spec sheet.