F-engrave inlay usibg vcarve

So i finally got my mpcnc seeming to work and not reset when powered off for a while(atleast 24h so far).

So im playing around with vcarving and inlays.

I cut a negative and positive but have a few issues.

1. The pocket has some areas that look like they should have been cut but werent.

1. the insert for the inlay seems to have a fair bit of play.

I tried to mimic the settings in the f-engrave tutorial on youtube. Only things i really did differently was doing multiple passes and using slightly less prismatic overcut and maybe thats where i messed up? I used -1.5mm.

3)theres some weird looking parts at the tips of the leaves where it didnt do a nice round arc into the tip and out. I did notice after i did the outline vcarve file that i still had my speed set to 200% from tinkering with speeds on a prior cut and i had doubled the speeds in the program. So i was essentially at 4x the speed(60mm/s vs 15mm/s originally and i wanted 30mm/s). I assume that was the cause maybe? I wanted to cut things a little faster at the 30mm/s cuz i was using a 2 flute endmill and it seemed to have 0 issues cutting.

Things were cutting great, no burning or chatter. So i think my feed rate and spindle speeds were okay. Its not the best wood so a few places chipped out.

I have had good luck with fengrave (example Inlay for Kids Stool)

Can you share the settings you are using in fengrave (screen shot maybe) as well as the endmills you are using.

Are you using a z-probe when you change bits? (assuming you are cleaning with a flat bit and using an engraving bit for the profile)

One thing I have had luck with is setting the depth an extra .2 microns deep or so for the engrave to help the transition between the two cuts.

Ill grab the settings later when i can. I was using a 3/8" 60 degree V groove router bit and a 1/8th in 2 flute flat endmill.