Feedrates

I’ve been setting the feed rate in Estlcam in the tool paths options, but in repetier there is also a feedrate option (normally set to 100%). Can someone explain the difference? Is there a reason to use one over the other?

Z

Can you put up a screenshot of what you mean?

All the tool options should be in the box with all the tools, usually in the upper right.

In repetier it’s a multiplier, and it only applies to moves you perform in Repetier. If you look up the repetier documentation you’ll see. It doesn’t apply to your prints or mills. That is dependant on the gcode.

If you are serving your gcode from repetier, the multiplier does work. I am 90% sure it works.

After you said that I’m now 10% sure it doesn’t (hehe). I’ll have to test that…

https://www.repetier.com/documentation/repetier-host/rhmanual-control/

Will have to test this out…

It definitely works (when serving gcode from repetier) because the first test cut I performed, I dropped the feed rate in repetier to 75% just in case it went crazy. I just leave it at 100% now.

When I was testing with a pen, I was bumping it up to 250%.

Z

Yea, the multiplier works in Repetier. I use it all the time. I stay a little conservative in Estlcam, and bump the speed up in Repetier if I think I can.

Yep. That slider is my friend for 3D printing and now with the MPCNC. If a particular print gets one of my printers rocking and rolling with some odd combo of zig zag moves, or I just dont like the sound of things I can back down the speeds in real-time. It affects all moves on the machine you are feeding the gcode to and does not change anything permanently. Same effect as turning the knob on the LCD during a print to slow things down or speed them up.