I’ve been comparing the quality of prints on my mp3dp to my old makerfarm i3 prusa and noticed i’m not getting quite the same results. Overall the mp3dp is printing good but i’m getting slight vibrations/ringing on the exterior surface with the 3d printed lines on the exterior surface.
I thought it might have been my bed so I printed new bearing mounts and now that is much sturdier. But I printed another cube last night and I’m still getting the slight ringing. Anyways I went in and compared the firmware and noticed the acceleration settings on the mp3dp are 6 times as fast compared to the makerfarm prusa. mp3dp is set to “3000” where as makerfarm is set to 500. I’m going to adjust the settings and see what happens. I may try setting the mp3dp to “1500” and see what happens though.
I did notice however that the cura gcode estimates for the print time are more accurate on the mp3dp though. I guess the acceleration is more in line with their estimates because my makerfarm always takes longer then what cura estimates. Just a side note.
I’ll report back later and show a before and after…