Once my machine was up and running, I did some plotting and was really happy with it. So, I moved the MPCNC to a real table, got a spoilboard mounted, and used my plotting files to engrave. Those aren’t very interesting (so I’m not attaching them) and I’m pretty proficient at modeling so I found a design I liked on Google images and thought it would make a good sign. I used Inkscape to get a rough DXF file for it, then ended up just using it as a template as I completely remade a new DXF in Fusion 360. CAM programming was done in F360 as well.
Honestly, it was a great starter project: I surfaced my stock, used the engraving function, made pockets, and cut the whole thing out. I got to work through a few kinks and I’m pretty happy with how it turned out!
Here’s some videos of it cutting and a final picture of the completed board. IMGUR LINK
My next project is a little more ambitious. I’m going to attempt to do some 3d contouring… if it works out the way I want it to, I’ll be super happy about it.
Thanks for those who helped me through the power supply snafu earlier. This seems to be a great community.