First few things off the table

needed to make the outline on the Gurren Lagann a little bigger as it was so thin it just started to flake off. All done in MDF for the moment.

3 Likes

Nice looking carves. For that last one some really dense wood or something like HPDE would be awesome.

I’ll keep that in mind, I ended up outsetting the border vector to give it some more room. My dewalt crapped out for some reason, the spindle completely locked and a replacement is on the way.

anyone have a clue as to what kind of wood this is? No stains or anything on it currently

2 Likes

7 Likes

Just some cleanup and it’ll be all done, think my head needs trammed though

7 Likes

If you don’t mind my asking, how do you do the higher/lower letters in the name like that?

I’m working in aspire, watched a few videos on youtube. Basiclly you have two different layers, top layer is the top name and the bottom layer is a merge of the top text and the bottom text.

1 Like

Thanks. I’ll check it about and YouTube

Edit: just checked and see aspire is $2,000. Definitely not in my price range

1 Like

Hey Lou! I’m trying to get my butt in gear to do some tutorials on using Inkscape (OpenSource & Free) and EstlCam (Free w/ Delay; US$60 Licensed). I just want to get my first sign cut to work out any issues with my process before I start disseminating bad information.

You can definitely do this in inkscape and estlcam too.

Yeah I need to get better at inkscape. I’ll just have to sick it up one day and play.

1 Like

Awesome, let me know

Needs a Little cleanup and it’ll be ready to donate

7 Likes

Nice work!

Are the stars carved or pocketed? How about the upper white stripes? Those corners look really square.

Did a shallow vcarve of the whole stripe with 1/4 endmill for clearance areas, stars are done the same way. Carved to a depth of .1in with 60v then cleared with 1/8in endmill.

1 Like

Been working on these over the last few weeks, delivered last night

9 Likes