First LowRider Build + Crown

I finally finished my build. Bits and collet still being shipped, but I’ve been able to test with the crown and overall I think it looks great.

Does the picture look like I’m on the right track? Any suggestions for improvement? (The first part of the crown the pen just wasn’t down far enough.)

And finally, thank you Ryan and this community for this project. It was so much fun and I look forward to making so many things.

3 Likes

Congrats on the build. I’m anxiously waiting my box pieces and parts from V1 (and one more paycheck to cover the DXP611 and control board) so I can start assembling.

Print looks good to me but I’m an old newbie with bad eye sight :wink:

Looks great, you made the crown…officially part of the crew now!!! Next step…get it dirty!

I started by making a joke about it being sideways and sarcastically freaking out. But then I wondered, it did draw right aide up, right? If you had X and Y switched, it would draw sideways like that.

1 Like

The not-quite-circle starts and ends on the right side and if it were transposed it would be on the left. I bet if it were on the left it would have jumped out at you. I’d venture we’ve all seen enough crowns that there are a bunch of unconscious things we see without realizing.

1 Like

Ha, no it’s not sideways. Well, the photo is sideways. :grin:

Should the not-quite-circle be a perfect circle? And if so, what are some tuning steps?

Nope your good. The ends not aligning is typically just do to loose pens, or too much pen pressure.

It’s also an oval, not quite a circle.

I’ve never made the crown :frowning:

:face_with_raised_eyebrow:

Actually, I just made mine about a month ago.

1 Like

I finished building mine April 22, 2017

First thing I wrote was my name … backwards and upside down.

Then I did the V1 Logo.

You can see the ‘leveled’ cutting board using the piece of plywood to hold one side up.

I also think I used Inventor with the F360 PP to generate the gcode.

I remember making the graffiti logo too. My first was the words “Hello Worl”. The pen got too high and I didn’t get a ‘d’.

sorry to hear that…

1 Like

I finally got it dirty like @vicious1 recommended!

Just a simple logo for my company, but it turned out really nice for a first attempt.

(Wood is a scrap floor board with a plywood backer)

2 Likes

Nice, trying to push things myself to get the crown done this weekend…if everything goes nice and smooth…we’ll see.

Meanwhile congrats !!!

Àlex